The Vision At Kibworth
To create e-confident learners:
- Who are able to find, access and process information.
- Who have the skills to choose and use technology efficiently and adapt their skills to meet the challenge of new technologies.
- Who can use a range of technologies to communicate effectively and appropriately.
Children at Kibworth Primary use the Internet on a regular basis as an integral part of their learning. In school, we have regular eSafety activities to remind children of the importance of keeping themselves safe online.
In our changing world, children are ever more exposed to a variety of different media and information. Increasing provision of the Internet both in and out of school brings with it the need to ensure our learners are safe!
Here are some tips and useful links to help you to keep your children safe online:
- Make sure your child understands they should keep new online friends strictly online. If someone asks to meet them in the real world they must tell you about it. If someone they don't know asks to be their online friend they must ask you first.
- Know how to use the CEOP Button and how to report to the CEOP Centre if you are concerned about someone’s online behaviour towards your child. Parents and children can both report at www.ceop.gov.uk or www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- Visit www.ceop.gov.uk/parents or www.kidsmart.org.uk/parents for more information.
- Visit the age-appropriate related sites: 5-7s (Hector’s World), 8-10s (Cybercafe) or watch one of the films on the 11-16s site.
- Useful video resources can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/topics/stay-safe.
- National Parents and Teachers Association website - lots of very useful information.
- h2bSafer Safety Centre - lots of very useful information about social media.
h2bSafer Safety Online
h2bSafer is an e-Safety website which provides information about how we can keep our children stay safe on the internet. Social media has become a key concept within e-Safety with more and more children having access to these platforms. h2bSafer tackles these problems by showing how children can be safer whilst using social media. These include how to set privacy settings, how to report inappropiate material and how to block people who are trying to contact you or your child. As well as this, h2bSafer looks at emerging trends in the online world including radicalisation and hacking.
Here are some of the areas the h2bSafer website covers
- h2bSafer Safety Centre - H2UseThis - Information on where you can go for Help, Advice and Support
- h2bSafer Safety Centre - Privacy - How you can adjust privacy settings on social media platforms.
- h2bSafer Safety Centre - Safety Settings - How you can make social media safer by settings restrictions.
- h2bSafer Safety Centre - Blocking Settings - Guides on how to block users on different social media platforms.
- h2bSafer Safety Centre - Reporting - Guides showing you how you can report inappropiate material on different platforms.
- h2bSafer Safety Centre - Emerging Trends - Information highlighting the emerging e-Safety trends.